Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mustafa Albazy: 'Shela Ya Marhaba' kapu mix
(16-11-2018, 06:01 PM)javierpg84 Wrote:
(16-11-2018, 09:19 AM)kapu Wrote: added slightly modified version. ^_^

I can hear you [...]

thanks! the replaced bass synth doesnt have a direct distortion on it, although the synth and it's chorus probably have some sort of emulated analog saturation/drive character. it also has a much more 'aggressive' lpf envelope allowing higher frequencies for attacks. ^_^
Dang... this is definitely not something that i'm interested in ... this is awesome. My mix sucks hahaha.
5 stars for epic track.. made it sound like daft punk in a way... I do like the genre but dang I can't seem to mix this right...
I'm scared to post the mix Lol

great mix.
(14-12-2018, 06:57 AM)Shul Wrote: Dang... this is definitely not something [...]

thanks! good to hear you liked it. had to resort to the 'greativity' with this. replaced the baet and bass sounds and then mixed it to make it great again. me too find it hard to work with unfamiliar genres, but ive tried to follow a simple pattern: 1. rhythm, 2. melody, 3. harmony and 4. bass.

basically first focusing on the rhythmic elements: trying to balance stuff with distinct rhythms. then doing the same with clearly melodic stuff (could be lead vocal, melodic bass line or whatever). then the harmonies and also the 'tone' of how things fit together. and then finally the bass, trying to clean up unnecessary bass and solidify the significant. this is of course very abstract description, but this is usually the first pass trying to get into the sound, and how i would like to hear the music. nothing special but for me it helps to overly generalize the different elements into a few different categories and start working from a high level abstraction rather than diving straight into the low level detail if im not familiar with the material/genre/production style etc. it has also helped me to learn to like a much wider range of music. ^_^
I actually liked the vibe of the first mix more. I feel like the last mix is a bit too busy with all the sounds going on. The distorted bass does give it a more modern sound. I feel like there is too much high end on the mix. When the first synth comes in at the beginning, it feels too big. And the vocals get buried in the mix when everything is playing at the same time. I think the guitars are a bit twangy. I'd almost say taking the guitars out completely cause there are all these other cool synths going on. It definitely has a cool groove.
(30-12-2018, 04:44 PM)asarnelle Wrote: I actually liked the [...]

thanks for listening! there was some synth (cant remember) with a lot of highs. filtered those for version 3. ^_^