Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Motor Tapes-"Shore"
Lots of nice space in this recording. I altered the arrangement slightly after the guitar solo. Let me know your thoughts. Thx.

Vers 2: Slightly brighter vocal with a little more compression.

.mp3    V1 Motor Tapes_Shore.mp3 --  (Download: 10.16 MB)

.mp3    V2 Motor Tapes_Shore.mp3 --  (Download: 10.1 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
G'day Faders, I'm loving your punchy sounding drums - It gives your mix a lot of energy and forward movement.

I'm only listening on cheap speakers at the moment, but it translates very well on these (2.1 computer speaker system). The balances, frequency spread and soundstage all sound excellent. You went for a drier approach than most, but it still has a nice sense of depth and dimension that is even evident on these speakers .... Love, love, LOVE the edits you made - that resolves the arrangement less abruptly - very cool!

Now I want to go home and give it a listen on my studio setup - Top job!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks fHumble. It was actually your mix that got me interested in the song. I hadn’t heard that one before. Nice job. It is pretty dry. I used only one reverb and not very much of it. Mainly on the echo return. Appreciate the listen.
Just having another listen on my studio speakers... Really nice. I couldn't really hear how crisp the vocals were on the other speakers, but the top end comes across beautifully here. Nice!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi Faders
Nice low end punch, sounds great in the headphones. I agree with FF, really nice edits, smooth.
Great Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Very mice mix, superb edits! I have gone for a very different balance myself, with guitars a lot more upfront, but this one works very well!
(02-11-2018, 08:50 AM)glukin Wrote: Very mice mix, superb edits! I have gone for a very different balance myself, with guitars a lot more upfront, but this one works very well!

Thanks so much for checking it out Glukin. I’ll give your mix a listen. It seems like the Cambridge site is down and not playing back at the moment on my end though.

Yeah, I have the same problem is Safari but Chrome works just fine.
Hi Scott i like both mixes well done.
Reaper user