Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed'
Yeah V2 for me also Kirk. I think the biggest thing that works for me is the mono-ed up drums. This gives the song greater grounding and works better with the bass guitar part. The tonal balances of the later versions may be more favourable though, listening with my trusty cans. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Dave
(13-11-2018, 11:28 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Yeah V2 for me also Kirk. I think the biggest thing that works for me is the mono-ed up drums. This gives the song greater grounding and works better with the bass guitar part. The tonal balances of the later versions may be more favourable though, listening with my trusty cans. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Dave

Thanks Dave
Yeah, 2nd one doesn't quite have the balance, but a bit more ChutzpahTongue
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
It's gonna be V2 for me, too! It has some issues, but it's the one I'd steal from if I wanted to get the job done fast and with attitude. From the solo on, it reminds me of "Bohemian like you" which can never be a bad thing. Ultracool tone on bass, though I'd either nudge it down a bit or take some lo end from it if I wanted to stay that loud. Guitars fuzzy and bright just like they should be.

Reverbs and delays are taking some impact from parts that should be grittier and sharper, like panned guitars and the ACDCish choirs, especially in the intro and during the halftime stops. V1 works better in that sense. V3 and V4 just don't bite the same way.

(13-11-2018, 06:16 PM)Deliza Wrote: It's gonna be V2 for me, too! It has some issues, but it's the one I'd steal from if I wanted to get the job done fast and with attitude. From the solo on, it reminds me of "Bohemian like you" which can never be a bad thing. Ultracool tone on bass, though I'd either nudge it down a bit or take some lo end from it if I wanted to stay that loud. Guitars fuzzy and bright just like they should be.

Reverbs and delays are taking some impact from parts that should be grittier and sharper, like panned guitars and the ACDCish choirs, especially in the intro and during the halftime stops. V1 works better in that sense. V3 and V4 just don't bite the same way.

Thanks Deliza
I appreciate you taking the time to listen. I always like your song references, now Ill have to go have a listen to Bohemian like you, which I haven't listened to in in years, but yes I agree with what your saying.
Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Kirk V2 for me too,nice and dirty bass,working on this at the moment.
Reaper user
(14-11-2018, 06:53 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk V2 for me too,nice and dirty bass,working on this at the moment.

Thanks Cudjoe, Looking forward to your version
Cheers
KSmile
Got to be the first one , punchy and to the point wicked mix !
Mark
(17-11-2018, 03:16 AM)markster.o.t.d. Wrote: Got to be the first one , punchy and to the point wicked mix !
Mark

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment
Cheers
KSmile
Hey Kirk - listening to mix #4. I like the drum sound and the big fat bass.

For me, the mix isn't gelling as well as it could. I think the bass maybe a little too loud (it sounds like it's eating the kick a bit), and the vocals could be brought down in level and controlled dynamically a little more tightly - more of a "tucked" sound to give the music more power.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(20-11-2018, 03:02 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Kirk - listening to mix #4. I like the drum sound and the big fat bass.

For me, the mix isn't gelling as well as it could. I think the bass maybe a little too loud (it sounds like it's eating the kick a bit), and the vocals could be brought down in level and controlled dynamically a little more tightly - more of a "tucked" sound to give the music more power.

Thanks for checking it out

Mix 4 was starting to go backwards, when I listen to it now, I totally agree with you, I might try that on the next go round.
Cheers
KSmile