Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howlin Mix
I suggest you listen to my mix of this wonderful song. I will be glad to any comments.

.mp3    Howlin Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.03 MB)

Very good mix. I see we have some similar ideas (the distortion on the vocal (3:16), the strong (could be stronger) presence of "Arp" (3:30-on), the delay (though different timing) etc). Awesome!

You should take a closer look to the reverb (not 100% sure but sure enough Wink) on the "beat" track, the one with both the kick and the snare. I think it's a little much tripping everything else on the tail end as it fades away. That probably contributes to the almost excessive lo-mid of your overall mix. It makes your mix a little opaque. Back the verb off a bit and I think you will have a clearer and cleaner mix. Perhaps a little cleaning around the lo-mid can only help. I enjoy listening to your mix.
(09-11-2018, 09:48 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Very good mix. I see we have some similar ideas (the distortion on the vocal (3:16), the strong (could be stronger) presence of "Arp" (3:30-on), the delay (though different timing) etc). Awesome!

You should take a closer look to the reverb (not 100% sure but sure enough Wink) on the "beat" track, the one with both the kick and the snare. I think it's a little much tripping everything else on the tail end as it fades away. That probably contributes to the almost excessive lo-mid of your overall mix. It makes your mix a little opaque. Back the verb off a bit and I think you will have a clearer and cleaner mix. Perhaps a little cleaning around the lo-mid can only help. I enjoy listening to your mix.

Sonic trump, thanks for the advice. I completely agree with you.
I really like the rhythm instruments approach on it.. but I'm missing that explosion in the chorus with the low end on this mix. Other than that really nice mix.