Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapes - Shore (spandex mix)
Hey Guys

i thought i'd hop on the bandwagon of some of the mixes ive seen today.
as always guys let me know what you think and where i can improve.

Thx in Advance

Cheers

new mix up

.mp3    Motor Tapes - Shore-001.mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

.mp3    Motor Tapes - Shore-002.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Hey Spandexcore

Nice smooth version, balance sounds great. BG vocals sound really nice. Drums cut nice
Only one thing I hear is the lead vocal before the Harmony comes in at the beginning seems to need maybe a 1 or 2 db boost around 5k to get it to cut through a tad more or some automation. It sounds good in the headphones, but gets a little lost on the monitors.

Enjoyable listen!! Great Job!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Spandexcore, nice vocal sound.

I'm finding a big mismatch in the drum sound - the kick is very subby and punchy (a bit too subby), and the snare is super-thin and lacking punch by contrast. Is there a polarity/phase issue happening there? Maybe check that.

I like the flanging on the snare sidesticks in the buildup to the guitar solo - nice!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(23-10-2018, 08:21 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Spandexcore

Nice smooth version, balance sounds great. BG vocals sound really nice. Drums cut nice
Only one thing I hear is the lead vocal before the Harmony comes in at the beginning seems to need maybe a 1 or 2 db boost around 5k to get it to cut through a tad more or some automation. It sounds good in the headphones, but gets a little lost on the monitors.

Enjoyable listen!! Great Job!

Cheers
KSmile

(24-10-2018, 09:28 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Spandexcore, nice vocal sound.

I'm finding a big mismatch in the drum sound - the kick is very subby and punchy (a bit too subby), and the snare is super-thin and lacking punch by contrast. Is there a polarity/phase issue happening there? Maybe check that.

I like the flanging on the snare sidesticks in the buildup to the guitar solo - nice!

]Thanks as always guys, here is the new "improved" mix let me know what you think.

.mp3    Motor Tapes - Shore-002.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Hi Spandexcore

Vocal cuts through nice in the beginning now.
Sounds good in the headphones
Good work
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Spandexcore, the new mix definitely sounds better - nice improvement!

The vocals are nice & loud, in fact they are sitting "on top of" the mix a bit. Possibly a little more dynamic control on them would help "tuck them in" a little more and make them sound more cohesive with the insturments.

One more thing I noticed with the vocals is a bit of "stuffiness". I fooled around with an eq and I noticed that taming around 425hz & 675hz a few dB seemed to clear it up a bit.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases