Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mix yamaha Ns10 My Father never loved me
Kicking the butt with Yamaha ns10. I tried to strike as hard as I could. A difficult mix because the files have a lot of serious left over and are stuffy.

.mp3    My father neve loved me.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

Hey Igor, another powerful sounding mix of this song from you! I like the punchy sound of the drum shells in this mix. There is a tonne of energy happening here, and of course that is what the track needs...

However I'm finding the drums tend to overpower the guitars, bass, and at times the vocals in the mix. The cymbals are quite harsh and a bit fatiguing.Having worked on the multitrack myself, I know this is the major issue with the drum mics. (I had to quite a bit of tricky mid-side filtering and compression to try to get that under control, and I still wasn't 100% happy with the result.)

I think the vocals could be quite a bit more prominent in the mix, as when the drums come in on the downbeat, in some spots they almost completely obscure the lyrics.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases