Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mix Yamaha Ns10 - ImAlright LoFi Stile
Mix Yamaha Ns10 - ImAlright LoFi Stile

ambience: stereo room reverb and hall reverb

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

(18-10-2018, 03:28 AM)igorcomerio Wrote: Mix Yamaha Ns10 - ImAlright LoFi Stile

ambience: stereo room reverb and hall reverb

Bass, drums, vox sound great. Sorry to use this cliche but it's "warm and punchy".. pleasing to the ear. Good low end balance.
The stereo image is lopsided.. The severely filtered electric guitar on the left is almost unrecognizable and the acoustic/piano on the right make that side feel heavy. It's distracting. The mix sounds great in mono, though!
People love NS10 but they may not respond to high frequency, directional information like modern monitors do.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the guitar and piano changes. The prince separated their pan because I thought the music is very loaded with arrangements.

I'll check it out on the Yamaha HS80, maybe it will be useful.

thanks
Really loving the low end in this mix. It has a lovely "pillowy" quality without being muddy - nice! The vocals sound really wonderful & the mix has a nice sense of depth to it without being overt or overdone.

I'm not noticing too much of a L-R imbalance listening on my studio system - perhaps it's more evident on cans or other systems. I think the rhythm guitar on the left would certainly sound good with a little more weight in the low end, althought I don't mind it as is.

Very nice mix!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thank you !! Where I can find your mixes to hear and think about them too. I strongly believe that people mixing the same songs and discussing their mixes is the shortest way to improve the work.
I like the changes you are doing on the guitar and mix overall. With the exception of it being right dominant and the pan on the eq'd (or whatever you did) guitar in the first few bars.

Your monitors can't be that bad, you have a good frequency range across the board. Your not over-compensating for lack of bottom/top for example. I like your mix and I like the things your doing with changing things around. There is no law saying it has to sound like the commercial/reference/other's mixes.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
Nice Job, I like how you mixed the song... Wink

See ya soon