Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Father never loved me (NEW MIX)
tried to do this as quick as possible..

I just don't like when there is just one guitar track recorded with 4 mics...
I wish they would have recorded the same track twice to have a good solid stereo guitar track... too bad..

Anyways this is just the firs one but to be honest its hard to make something good at least at the moment for me.
Let me know what you think thanks.

UPDATE:
well turns out I deleted one of the guitar tracks that match in accident
so there you go... sounds better than before. Let me know what you guys think.

.mp3    My Father Never Loved Me 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

.mp3    My Father Never Loved Me 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.15 MB)

Hey Shul, nice mix! I like the new one much better than the previous. I particularly like your drum shell sounds. They have a nice crack to them, and you have managed to avoid that muddy, rubbery, thudiness that seems to plague a lot of mixes of this track.

I'm finding the cymbals a bit too harsh for me, but that again is a major conudrum with these multitracks - The room mics really liven up the drum shells, but also bring with them a tonne of harsh midrange in the cymbal wash, so it's always going to be a bit of a compromise.

The vocals seem to have a little bit of a "muffle-y" resonance in the mids that stands out to me - right around 390hz - try a narrow-ish cut there of around about 3-4dB and it should clean it right up and put the vocal much more up front.

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Yes cymbals were very loud from the start. It's like they placed the overhead right above the cymbals. I left it like it is perhaps I can tame some of it in a next revision. The voice yes sir I pushed some 400hz to go with the tight drum sound but I probably over did it.
As for the drums I did my best to remove all the bleed from the Tom's. That seems to be the problem with most mixes.. they don't take away the bleed from those mics.

Thanks for checking it out Fhumble I will give it another shot and try to fix that.