Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy For Me - MIX
Here is my mix.

Feel free to give any kind of feedback, thanks!!

.mp3    RandomSomebody-CrazyForMe.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

I really like your mix. The vocal is thick and strong. The snare feels just right (to my ears). And the guitar, minus the strumming one, are really nice and cut thru like a knife. Very skillful. However, there is also a couple things that bugged me Smile. There is a clutter in the low-mid section that is slightly putting off my enjoyment. It makes the vocal (good work on tuning the vocal. I dont hear any flat notes in your mix.) (the star of the song) struggle to rise on top, while I think it should be floating on top. The first 'sign' to me was the strumming gtr in the beginning, add on to it is the hammond with pretty much loaded with the low-mid, playing at the same time. They sound to me (the strumming gtr, the Hammond, and the vocal) equally thick and powerful, already on each own. But "Three is a crowd," I heard some say. I faced a similar problem in the first few mixes. I decided to hi-pass the strumming gtr and the Hammond and leave whatever I can salvage on the low-mid for the vocal. It is king, isn't it? I always give the vocal the best attention I can. The rest just have to suck it up and take the cuts. On this song, I listen to things in pair. For example, I'd listen to the kick and the bass, the vocal with the guitar, the vocal with the organ, etc. If I hear weird stuffs, fighting somewhere, I'd cut on the instrument instead of the vocal. So I rather cut on the organ to make it stay away from the vocal. It worked out quite well for me so I hope it might help you too though there is no warranty for that, right? Good job!
Thank You SonicTramp for comment. I will maybe try this later.