Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invite you to feedback my mix
Hello, thank you for listening. It's my first but i like an honest opinion.

best regards Maurice

.mp3    ANGELS AMP.mp3 --  (Download: 3.4 MB)

It's good to beging with.

*Drums sound like they were recorded with 2 overheads only. You should boost the individual mics for the kick and snare and Toms. It sounds very reverby.
* I think you could try some hard panning on some things.. you can definitely create more space in the stereo field.

Hope this helps.
Hej Shul,

Thx for you advice, upcoming week I will give it another try!

Grtz Maurice
After some adjustments I think it sound better. Any suggestions?

grt Maurice

.mp3    Project ANGEL AMP 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.52 MB)

Salut Maurice !

The stereo field is ok but your drums have lost quite some puch/level compared to the first mix Sad
BUT ... I like what you did with the vocals, toms and percussions. Smile
the nilon guitar is too low.
The snare from the OVH is too much on the left side (quite obvious with my headphones, not so much with my shitty 2.1 pc speakers)

I'm a beginner too, so feel free to exchange some opinions and experience if you wish Smile
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=24793

Many Thanks for your feedback

You are right about de snare. I have adjust some EQ and VOL to it. I pitched the pan A bit to the middle.

I gave the overhead a high freq boost of about 1 dB.

Same for the acoustic guitar

Enjoy mixing!

Maurice

.mp3    Project ANGEL AMP_1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.42 MB)

wow that's a big improvement ! congrats !

if it's not the case, i suggest you to take a look at parallel compression for kick & snare to give them even more puch.
i'm only guessing, but maybe just increasing the volume and eq and the snare has also raised the cymbals quite a lot and they are eating some other things in the mix.
On my journey i found out that i liked more the snare sound from the OVH thant the snare mic, (because of it's mudiness and the not-so-beautyfull "metalic tail") so i applied parallel compression on Kick, snare and also one of the OVH and i think it turned out pretty well (for a first attempt with this method)

keep mixing !