Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Burial Of Silence' mix (roughly 4 hours spent over 2 days)
12-10-2018, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 07:47 PM by superthrash.)
'Burial Of Silence' mix (roughly 4 hours spent over 2 days)
Hi everyone, this is what I came up with in a couple of evenings. Roughly two 2 hour mixing sessions.

I imagine there's a lot of issues so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

.mp3   Burial Of Silence - Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.96 MB)

.mp3   Snare Amplified.mp3 --  (Download: 6.03 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2018, 07:49 PM
RE: 'Burial Of Silence' mix (roughly 4 hours spent over 2 days)
I've upload an updated mix (Burial Of Silence - Mix 2.mp3).

Kick, overheads and toms tweeked a little, backing vocals in right place.
12-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Not bad. Balances are good.
I would sample a kick and use a clikier one so it cuts through better.
Good job on the low end.. my mix sounds like crap in the low end and I never got a chance to fix it.
If anything I'd just clean some 300-500hz to clean up a lil space there for more clarity.

Keep it up.

"Mixing for me is the opportunity you get to explore a song to detail and deliver the feeling intended. Mixing is more than faders and knobs, Mixing defines the soul of a song."
Saludos!
13-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I definitely agree about the lack of click, didn't really hear it until I gave my ears a break.

I'll check out your mix in a bit!
Yesterday, 01:50 PM
I think this mix sounds overcompressed. Not quite sure where the problem lies in, but it sounds like too low threshold in a master limiter. I don't know what are you mixing on (I presume though it's a pair of relatively cheap headphones), but on my monitors it sounds less detailed than a raw mix, especially in the low end range.
Today, 12:40 AM
(Yesterday 01:50 PM)alexthebassist Wrote:  I think this mix sounds overcompressed. Not quite sure where the problem lies in, but it sounds like too low threshold in a master limiter. I don't know what are you mixing on (I presume though it's a pair of relatively cheap headphones), but on my monitors it sounds less detailed than a raw mix, especially in the low end range.

I mix on a pair of KRK Rokits in a small room with basic acoustic treatment.

Mix was probably the wrong word as this is also an attempt at basic mastering too.

Do you think a lot of the detail is lost through over-compression or does it sound more like an eq problem?

I do struggle quite a bit with low end, never really sure what to look out for and usually just end up scooping chunks out of the midrange.

Support my video work!
Advertisement: