Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' mixed in Presonus Studio One
Mixed this song sometime back using Presonus Studio One v3. Upgraded to v4 recently and listened to this song again. Made some level adjustment to the vocals and reverb.

The many guitar tracks were group into their own bus and I adjust the balance there. Hope I did justice to the guitar arrangements.

Thanks for listening and look forward to your feedback!

.mp3    MyFatherNeverLovedMe.mp3 --  (Download: 7.85 MB)

Presonus Studio One v4
Slate Everything
Audient iD4
Beyerdynamic Dt 990
AE Aego M
EVE 307
Hi James, this sounds very good - punchy with lots of energy - nice clarity too.

Did you pitch correct the vocals? There are a couple of spots where the vocal tuning sounds like it has gone awry (eg "nevER" @ around 29 secs in sounds off). Vocals with blues inflections like this one sometimes don't always respond well strict diatonic tuning.

One thing that I've noticed with a few of the mixes on here is that the musical elements seem very dry, yet the vocals by contrast have a pretty big reverb on them. To my ear, this seems to create the impression of congnitive dissonance regarding the soundstage - like the vocalist is in a different place to the drums & guitars.

Apart from those nitpicks, sounding great!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi fHumble fHingaz

Thank you so much for checking out my mix!

You are absolutely right! I did Melodyne the vocal and I didn't know I made it worse. Ha..ha... good learning for me.

I have undone the Melodyne and here's the revised version.

.mp3    MyFatherNeverLovedMe.mp3 --  (Download: 7.85 MB)

Presonus Studio One v4
Slate Everything
Audient iD4
Beyerdynamic Dt 990
AE Aego M
EVE 307
Yup, that sounds better
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases