Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Father - gloukin mix
As always, please listen and comment.

.mp3    My Father v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Thick. Very thick. May a bit too thick, but not bad. Would have liked to hear more of a tickle from the Hammond.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thank you giving it a listen, Mixinthecloud. What do you mean exactly when you say "thick"? Is there not enough definition? Thanks.
(06-10-2018, 09:18 PM)glukin Wrote: Thank you giving it a listen, Mixinthecloud. What do you mean exactly when you say "thick"? Is there not enough definition? Thanks.

Thick, in your context, I would define as being bass guitar shaded. Are you using any multi-band compression? Can I ask what you mixed this on?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I see. Yes, I mixed on headphones, must be the reason for a bass heavy sounds. There is a tad bit of multi-band compression on the master.
(06-10-2018, 09:41 PM)glukin Wrote: I see. Yes, I mixed on headphones, must be the reason for a bass heavy sounds. There is a tad bit of multi-band compression on the master.

I like the relationships you created in your mix and how you placed them in the environment you envisioned. Very well stated. Let me listen in my phones.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thank you, appreciate the feedback.
Somehow I managed to delete the original version.
Anyway, let me know what you think of V2.