Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pray for the rain - gloukin mix
Enjoyed working on this, please comment and rate.

Thanks

.mp3    Pray for the rain.mp3 --  (Download: 13.12 MB)

.mp3    Pray for the rain v2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.12 MB)

.mp3    Pray for the rain V3.mp3 --  (Download: 13.12 MB)

Updated V2 with some subtle changes.
Hi glukin i like your v2 mix,just a couple of things i would say though is the guitar on the right in the verses are abit distracting also the lead voc seems not connected to the rest,thanks for sharing your mix.
Reaper user
(11-10-2018, 05:48 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi glukin i like your v2 mix,just a couple of things i would say though is the guitar on the right in the verses are abit distracting also the lead voc seems not connected to the rest,thanks for sharing your mix.

Thank you, Cudjoe. Any suggestions on how to connect the vocal?
It depends on what vibe you want!just a touch verb(not just any) just experiment with different settings.
Reaper user
Updated with V3, tried to make the lead vocal sit better in the mix.
Hi glukin - thanks for mixing our track ! I had a listen to it this afternoon.

- the drums sounded really good. A couple of times I was feeling their overall level in the track was a bit high. Subjective comment.
- solo guitar was a bit hard to listen to at higher volume which may suggest removing some 4-5k would help
- balance of the chorus guitars. Left felt quite a bit louder. I felt the right side guitar was the more appropriate level, so perhaps consider lowering the left to match the right.
- the background vocals really push forward - consider some reverb to push them behind the lead
- verse guitar colour around the lead vocal felt hot to me.

Your mix vision was a little different - if you were mixing it for me, I would likely ask for more reverb or delays, but I appreciated your more dry approach to the track.

Thanks again for mixing the track !

Thomas

(21-01-2019, 12:53 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi glukin - thanks for mixing our track ! I had a listen to it this afternoon.

- the drums sounded really good. A couple of times I was feeling their overall level in the track was a bit high. Subjective comment.
- solo guitar was a bit hard to listen to at higher volume which may suggest removing some 4-5k would help
- balance of the chorus guitars. Left felt quite a bit louder. I felt the right side guitar was the more appropriate level, so perhaps consider lowering the left to match the right.
- the background vocals really push forward - consider some reverb to push them behind the lead
- verse guitar colour around the lead vocal felt hot to me.

Your mix vision was a little different - if you were mixing it for me, I would likely ask for more reverb or delays, but I appreciated your more dry approach to the track.

Thanks again for mixing the track !

Thomas

Thank you, Thomas.

Appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to work on this song! I will revisit the mix and update.