Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My second upload. This sounds good even on earpods
Hi guys, there is my version, please leave feedback and rate. Thanks.

Mark, 19 y.o.
Russia, Kazan

[email protected]

.mp3    Random Somebody -Crazy For Me-.mp3 --  (Download: 7.33 MB)

M-Audio BX5D2//Audiotechnica athM50X//iMac 27 late 2012//Ableton 9//tons of plugins
Soundbetter: https://soundbetter.com/profiles/141428-mark-manzhelli
good mix. I like the drums works. Around 0:38ish (when the electric gtr comes in), it sounds to me the lo-mid is a little too much bring up a lot of unnecessary mud from it. Listen to the beginning when there is only the acoustic gtr strumming. It sounded a lot clearer until the electric gtr comes in and messes the whole mix up. The vocal can be a little upfront, but I think it is masking by the stronger electric guitar mentioned above. The vocal is flat on many notes. Maybe you should try to tune it to make it easier to mix. It's hard to mix listening to those annoying out of tune important notes. I did not do that previously, but I couldn't stand it any longer so I used my TuneLite to correct some of the problematic phrases.

Here is my mix (my 3rd attempt). You can check it out and see if you can catch what I did to the vocal. Thanks. Keep it up! Remember, "Rome wasn't build overnight!"

.mp3    randomsomebody-crazy4me-danny10-18_3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

(09-10-2018, 10:09 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: good mix. I like the drums works. Around 0:38ish (when the electric gtr comes in), it sounds to me the lo-mid is a little too much bring up a lot of unnecessary mud from it. Listen to the beginning when there is only the acoustic gtr strumming. It sounded a lot clearer until the electric gtr comes in and messes the whole mix up. The vocal can be a little upfront, but I think it is masking by the stronger electric guitar mentioned above. The vocal is flat on many notes. Maybe you should try to tune it to make it easier to mix. It's hard to mix listening to those annoying out of tune important notes. I did not do that previously, but I couldn't stand it any longer so I used my TuneLite to correct some of the problematic phrases.

Here is my mix (my 3rd attempt). You can check it out and see if you can catch what I did to the vocal. Thanks. Keep it up! Remember, "Rome wasn't build overnight!"

wow, vocal sounds perfect =O
yes, i decided leave notes of vocal as is because i can not use pitch correction plugins properly, so now i have a pitcure about great vocal mixing, and gtrs, thank for feedback.
But when i listened your mix, the kick sounded very mood, is that calculated/deliberated decision?

M-Audio BX5D2//Audiotechnica athM50X//iMac 27 late 2012//Ableton 9//tons of plugins
Soundbetter: https://soundbetter.com/profiles/141428-mark-manzhelli
Yeah, the kick is a little too aggressive. I tamed it down just a little because it sounds cool to me, just a personal preference Smile. I uploaded the 4rd version (this should tell you that I am struggling with my mix just like anyone else Smile) somewhere in here. You might like it a little better than the last, I hope. Sure, bro, I am just trying to help a fellow mixer out by tell him/her what I think about their mix and if possible suggest a couple ways to address the problems. In no way that my critiques are absolute, I don't have golden ears, you know Smile. Keep trying, eventually your hearing will get better. In the mean time, stick around, we may learn a few things from one another. Thanks

.mp3    randomsomebody-crazy4me-danny10-18_4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)