Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For I am the Moon - Sunshine Garcia Band
This is my take on the song, For I am the Moon. I will say this is probably one of the most challenging songs I've had to mix, just the sheer number of vocal tracks was pretty daunting at first. Also, I found it incredibly hard to combine some of the parts. When I started auditioning the parts they didn't quite line up to my satisfaction, so I took quite a bit of liberty in the editing and arrangement. I had initially started to combine the four lead parts(2 alto and 2 soprano), but quickly found each was pretty much their own solo performance. Sometimes subtle words were changed from performance to performance and the phrasing varied quite a bit from each performance as well, making it near impossible, without some serious editing and time realigning to make things work. I ended up scrapping the alto part because it was just too different from the soprano to make it work. Not that it didn't sound good, all the vocals sounded amazing, I just chose to build the song around the soprano as the lead. I also omitted the beatbox vocals and the bass synth tracks, they just seemed strange to me and seemed to muddy up things I thought were more important and I wanted to give it some space and room to breathe.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!

.mp3    For I am the Moon(4).mp3 --  (Download: 11.42 MB)

(05-09-2013, 12:44 PM)Daniel Y Wrote: This is my take on the song, For I am the Moon. I will say this is probably one of the most challenging songs I've had to mix, just the sheer number of vocal tracks was pretty daunting at first. Also, I found it incredibly hard to combine some of the parts. When I started auditioning the parts they didn't quite line up to my satisfaction, so I took quite a bit of liberty in the editing and arrangement. I had initially started to combine the four lead parts(2 alto and 2 soprano), but quickly found each was pretty much their own solo performance. Sometimes subtle words were changed from performance to performance and the phrasing varied quite a bit from each performance as well, making it near impossible, without some serious editing and time realigning to make things work. I ended up scrapping the alto part because it was just too different from the soprano to make it work. Not that it didn't sound good, all the vocals sounded amazing, I just chose to build the song around the soprano as the lead. I also omitted the beatbox vocals and the bass synth tracks, they just seemed strange to me and seemed to muddy up things I thought were more important and I wanted to give it some space and room to breathe.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Sorry, but this is no right decision to excitement song!

Google translate! Confused
I think this is a very good myself.
Great space in places,a very live sound.
Made some adjustments after listening back. I thought the djembe sounded too boomy in places.

.mp3    For I am the Moon(6).mp3 --  (Download: 11.42 MB)

Nice work !!