Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's, My Father Never Loved Me
This was a pretty straight-forward take on a rock staple. Crunchy guitars, a screaming lead, kick-ass drums and a simple vocal.

The vocals were really easy as they existed only in parts of quiet so there was nothing fighting to fit. The guitars all have defined parts and easy to delineate tonal characters. Panning them made the fit easier and their power shine through.

Effects were relatively simple. Doubling on the vocal with a little plate reverb and a haunting type echo.

The drums had a little buss send to the same plate with a little extra on the snare. Kick and snare have a tiny bit of gated verb on them to add high end definition and a little sizzle above their native fire.

The lead guitar has all 6 mics mixed to give clarity and avoid mud, compressed and doubled with a little send to the plate for context.

Anyway, I hope you find it enjoyable and worthy of discussion.

.mp3    My Father Never Loved Me.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Very organic mix. I like the balances. Seems we went different ways on the eq but I do like your mix.
Very good mix, there are not many things that stand out as a problem. Good job Wink
Try to play with the bass more, try to make it sound deeper than it is to reduce, even more, overlapping with guitars.