Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy for me Moritz Schiekel pls comment and rate
just a quick mix i just spend about 2h for that but i like the song

.mp3    Crazy for me.mp3 --  (Download: 4.59 MB)

Good mix. Gentle and smooth. The vox seems a little far back (I don't know if that is the intention) bring the vocal upfront a little and your mix will be awesome. Just an opinion. Thanks
Plz take a listen and, if possible, leave a comment so I can learn more. Thanks.

.mp3    randomsomebody-crazy4me-danny10-18_1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

(05-10-2018, 10:23 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: Plz take a listen and, if possible, leave a comment so I can learn more. Thanks.

The vox sounds crazy man XD i mean the mix works on all off my speakers but i think it is not so good in mono also guitars need more body Ac Gtr have to much high end an what speakers do u listen
M, Thanks for the listen. I have no idea what "the vox sounds crazy man" means but it "sounds" like a compliment so I will take it as such. Thank you. I do check my mix and mix mostly in mono but I guess whatever you caught escaped me. Thanks for the mentioning of it. I will take a more critical listen to see. The mix you listened to, above post I suppose, is ancient compare to what I have now. I noticed the gtrs with the excessive top end (good ears on your part), but at the time I thought it needed it to cut thru the mix. Maybe I was a little too heavy-handed (this is why we need someone to listen to our mixes. Your comment reinforces my decision). I corrected by chopping off some of the top end and parallel it instead. It sounds thicker and cuts thru the mix easier. The top end is still there but, at present, I think it's tolerable Wink. I also back off on the kick a little, I was too excited Smile. Did a few more move on EQ on various instruments and thought they sounded better after so I keep it. Take another listen if you want. Thanks.

*I, being quite economically disadvantage for the time being, cannot afford to buy any monitors. I simply use a good (my own opinion) pair of cans (AKG K712) for all my mixes. My audio interface is Apogee (great company) Duet 2. Plugins are Waves Renaissance Bundle and a bunch of freebies (span, Air, etc). I still have PT11 on a Macbook pro. A poor man's mixing studio I suppose. How about you? What are your gears?

.mp3    randomsomebody-crazy4me-danny10-18_7.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

(14-10-2018, 09:33 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: M, Thanks for the listen. I have no idea what "the vox sounds crazy man" means but it "sounds" like a compliment so I will take it as such. Thank you. I do check my mix and mix mostly in mono but I guess whatever you caught escaped me. Thanks for the mentioning of it. I will take a more critical listen to see. The mix you listened to, above post I suppose, is ancient compare to what I have now. I noticed the gtrs with the excessive top end (good ears on your part), but at the time I thought it needed it to cut thru the mix. Maybe I was a little too heavy-handed (this is why we need someone to listen to our mixes. Your comment reinforces my decision). I corrected by chopping off some of the top end and parallel it instead. It sounds thicker and cuts thru the mix easier. The top end is still there but, at present, I think it's tolerable Wink. I also back off on the kick a little, I was too excited Smile. Did a few more move on EQ on various instruments and thought they sounded better after so I keep it. Take another listen if you want. Thanks.

*I, being quite economically disadvantage for the time being, cannot afford to buy any monitors. I simply use a good (my own opinion) pair of cans (AKG K712) for all my mixes. My audio interface is Apogee (great company) Duet 2. Plugins are Waves Renaissance Bundle and a bunch of freebies (span, Air, etc). I still have PT11 on a Macbook pro. A poor man's mixing studio I suppose. How about you? What are your gears?

Thats Better but drums are not upfront anymore but Gitars miss sum shine try to cut so mud away thats maybe about 3-4 db and add some top end acoustic is a little bit to pride if u wish we can exchange number or something else and i teach u