Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doppler Shift - "Atrophy"
With a single vocal to work with, the reverbs and delays weren't enough, so I decided to use the ReelADT plugin on this mix. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

.mp3    DopplerShift_Atrophy_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Damn dude, This is legit. The ReelADT was a good choice. My only suggestion would be to turn the ReelADT down a bit when the singing gets heavier. But that is just what I would do. It's fine the way it is. Great mix.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. I'm glad you liked it, and yes, I was looking for ways to automate the plug-in but not getting what I liked from the automation.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Hello,
I love it. Overall, everything is in place.

maybe, and as always a matter of taste Smile, the kick drum is something very smacking and in all passages at the top. The snare is great. But kick and snare together could be a bit more relaxed in the loud passages. There is a lot of compression. furthermore, it can be drowned out by the bass, guitar, piano synths and finally the vocals. that makes the song, I believe, then a little more lively. but, as I said, that is a matter of taste.

But i love the voice color the "ReelADT" create. Simple by a circulating transit time shift when doubling the soundtrack.

Thanks, wolke. I've already remixed this track using a different ADT setting. I'm arguing with myself, "is this better, or just different?" Also, a lot of other EQ settings were changed, noise gates on drum tracks removed, and many compressors were removed completely. When I'm done arguing with myself, I'll post it.
Peace,
Dave