Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rifle shot
Excellent recording.
One of the tempos where the snare can be a rifle shot. And rifle shot it is.
cheers

.mp3    WIND ToTheBone 2.mp3 --  (Download: 14.88 MB)

.mp3    WIND ToTheBone 1.mp3 --  (Download: 14.88 MB)

.mp3    WIND ToTheBone 3 NEWGUIT.mp3 --  (Download: 14.88 MB)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
Hello Lammy, It's been awhile.

Nice Mix! Listening with headphones I like the forwardness of the Vox and Solo parts (Keys and Guitars) when they appear. The bass guitar maybe a little full in the 100-200hz area though. Enjoyable listen. Well done.

Dave
(05-10-2018, 02:39 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice Mix! Listening with headphones I like the forwardness of the Vox and Solo parts (Keys and Guitars) when they appear. The bass guitar maybe a little full in the 100-200hz area though. Enjoyable listen. Well done.
Dave

Thank you!
You're right. Well the "next day audition" reveals the bass heavy and even some more defects. Back to the desk as soon as I have a chance next week!
cheers
from Switzerland
Version 2 in the top post, correcting several errors of v1:
- bass guit eq
- resonance in snare
- general volumes re-balance
closer to what I wanted to get.
cheers
from Switzerland
Much better tonal balance with version 2 Lammy. Loving that keys solo. Well Done!
(09-10-2018, 12:35 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Much better tonal balance with version 2 Lammy. Loving that keys solo. Well Done!

Thanks very much! :-)
from Switzerland
Upping a v.3 tagged NEWGUIT in the first post.
I took the chance to reopen this project due to a friendly competition with a sound engineer pal.
I had an idea in mind: to focus and render lush warm dirty guitars (through plugins, of course), eventually contrasting a more crispy drumset. I got very different opinions on this mix (style wise) so I'm submitting to the audience.
Amazing how a few weeks off a project can change the point of view with a fresh ear, especially since I'm not mixing full time.
As a consequence of different guits, a cascade of changes came through: softer kick and snare, bass redone, and fairly different automation. But still contrasting. What do you think?
I'm sure: no more to give on this project.
cheers
from Switzerland