Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steaks Lost my Way
I'm disappointed, but here it is...

.mp3    Lostmyway .mp3 --  (Download: 11.15 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
It seems as if there were two hats playing. I like hats but I know I'm a minority, so first thing when dealing with drums should be handling the OH's stereo so you have your hat placed and behaved. A lot of people just drop the hat track. OH's might use some highs rolling too, while hitom might be too loud sometimes and too full sounding against a somehow thin snare. I like your kickdrum.

The mix reminds me of an out-take for a bonus CD, which is not the goal obviously, but it's not like it's painful to listen to or anything.
I think its main problem is that different tracks seem to belong to different mixes. Lofi bootleg vocals vs ultra-stereo posh organ. Crunchy punk bass against clean and GarthBrookseque toms, you know?

Hope this helps, cheers!

(06-12-2018, 12:57 PM)Deliza Wrote: It seems as if there were two hats playing. I like hats but I know I'm a minority, so first thing when dealing with drums should be handling the OH's stereo so you have your hat placed and behaved. A lot of people just drop the hat track. OH's might use some highs rolling too, while hitom might be too loud sometimes and too full sounding against a somehow thin snare. I like your kickdrum.

The mix reminds me of an out-take for a bonus CD, which is not the goal obviously, but it's not like it's painful to listen to or anything.
I think its main problem is that different tracks seem to belong to different mixes. Lofi bootleg vocals vs ultra-stereo posh organ. Crunchy punk bass against clean and GarthBrookseque toms, you know?

Hope this helps, cheers!

Agreed, made a real muck of it for sure.... Mike is featuring this song over on Patreon. Interesting to see how he does it... my little muck up was just a rough balance with no effects other than a v-comp and limiter. It's O'natural otherwise, guess minimal effort alway's shines through. Rolleyes

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....