Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us *Big Drums* - Maybe too big?
Decided to lead with the drums and vocals in this mix, hopefully with the bass popping through at the right moments too.

Would be great to get any feedback. Was a fun one.

Ben

.mp3    Carlos Gonzalez - A Place For Us (Indie Rock Mix) 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.01 MB)

I like the way you have worked the song Ben. The drums in the intro are maybe a bit full on, but I like their impact and the overall flavour once the song gets going from the 1:00 mark. Maybe the organ part could have more impact in the intro also, just to help with the build. Even if it's just with width. Anyway, I enjoyed your take. Well Done.

Dave
I liked the mix. I don't think there is too much drums. Instead I heard that the vocal in some parts is too quiet (on choruses), so you have to figure out how to make vox more consistent during the track. Vox is the most important thing in the song. And at 44 sec. there is a problem with double vox..
Sasha MD
Thanks for taking the time to listen guys, appreciate the feedback! Will have a look at the mentioned...
To be honest, in my taste the drums are a little bit too big, but I am amazed at how powerful they sound, how did you manage that? The only other advice I would give: low-pass your vocal delays around 5k, otherwise you get kind of "s-s-s-s-s-s" effects on the sibilants, it can become a little bit distracting, especialy in the intro. I've uploaded my own mix, would mind sharing your opinion on that?
Thanks a lot,
Mike