Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heartbeats - First Mix
27-09-2018, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2018 02:38 AM by Edus41.)
Heartbeats - First Mix
This is my mix of "Heartbeats". I don't know much about this but is something to start!.

.mp3   Heartsbeats.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2018, 08:17 AM
RE: Heartbeats - First Mix
Hey Edus,

welcome to the forum Smile

Your mix is pretty decent for a beginner. But your mix lacks a bit of "glue" for me, the vocals for example poke out a bit too much. To correct this you could use some masterbus compression and maybe bring the vocals down in volume a bit.

Also the bouncing hi-hats are too loud. They get quite annoying after a while.

The Drums which come in at 1:10 are bit too soft in my opinion. Parallel Compression could help with this one.

Please take everything I wrote with a grain of salt, I dont know this genre of music very well...

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

If I have reviewed your mix, I would be very happy to get a review myself.
Also if you want me to review your mix just PM me, I will gladly help!
28-09-2018, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2018 01:18 AM by Edus41.)
RE: Heartbeats - First Mix
(27-09-2018 08:17 AM)LukasL Wrote:  Hey Edus,

welcome to the forum Smile

Your mix is pretty decent for a beginner. But your mix lacks a bit of "glue" for me, the vocals for example poke out a bit too much. To correct this you could use some masterbus compression and maybe bring the vocals down in volume a bit.

Also the bouncing hi-hats are too loud. They get quite annoying after a while.

The Drums which come in at 1:10 are bit too soft in my opinion. Parallel Compression could help with this one.

Please take everything I wrote with a grain of salt, I dont know this genre of music very well...

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Lukas, Thank you very much!

What you tell me is very helpful!. I will try to put it in practice, especially this about the parallel compression.

Because there are many things that i know that dont sound good or at least as I want, but I dont know how to solve it! ...

For example, I feel this what you say, it lacks that glue to the mix, but I didnt knew how to solve it, but with this that you told me, I will try again!

Thank you very much!

PD: Sorry for my english, im from Argentina.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: