Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorothy - Voelund
What a fun song to mix !
It isnt finished, its late and theres a day tomorrow...
No mastering, just a work in progres. I used a lot of hicuts, specially in the middle part, to make it sound old, i kind of understand the intention. Maybe some 80% of the vision I had is here, the rest will hopeully come when I automate more, especially the strings and voxes.
Tried to make a double of Mikes Chorus part at the last verse, but I guess I stretched too much, sounds funny but somehow fits the crazy mood of the song just there. Think I´ll leave it.

Comments more than welcome.

.mp3    Dorothy.mp3 --  (Download: 4.17 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Im a big fan of 10 CC before the album "Bloody tourists" where their sound significantly changed, due to a car accident and Eric Steward not bein able to mix the way he used to. This tune reminds me a lot o 10cc, and thats a compliment in my book. Im not sure it got quite where i wanted, I heard a couple o deep bell sounds in my head, and addin them might do the trick, but this is how it turned out today. Im quite satisfied with the middle part, and the outro makes sense to me now. Suggestions and critisism are very very welcome !

.mp3    Dorothy 00 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 4.08 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Real good mix here well done.
I like the way tou panned the kid voice and harp,nice touch
and the outro is perfect
Sounds great I like it !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I love it!!!! great sound!!! I'm going to download this song right away!!
mixing since April 2013
(03-09-2013, 10:52 PM)Voelund Wrote: What a fun song to mix !
It isnt finished, its late and theres a day tomorrow...
No mastering, just a work in progres. I used a lot of hicuts, specially in the middle part, to make it sound old, i kind of understand the intention. Maybe some 80% of the vision I had is here, the rest will hopeully come when I automate more, especially the strings and voxes.
Tried to make a double of Mikes Chorus part at the last verse, but I guess I stretched too much, sounds funny but somehow fits the crazy mood of the song just there. Think I´ll leave it.

Comments more than welcome.

I like it! Good job!
Thank you all. Great song and fun to work with. I think the harp could come through a little more.
(06-09-2013, 10:14 PM)Voelund Wrote: Thank you all. Great song and fun to work with. I think the harp could come through a little more.

Great mix! Thanks for sharing.

I would agree with you that the harp could come through a little more.

Cheers