Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Travelling Band: 'Quicksand'
The Travelling Band: 'Quicksand'

.mp3    The Traveling Band_sMX-St_1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)

Nice sounding mix! Really like the clarity especially with the drums. I think I'm hearing some miss hits with the snare though, maybe a gating threshold setting? The reverb at the beginning is a little too cloudy for my ears, but this is subjective and a taste thing. Great work javierpg84.
(17-09-2018, 10:36 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice sounding mix! Really like the clarity especially with the drums. I think I'm hearing some miss hits with the snare though, maybe a gating threshold setting? The reverb at the beginning is a little too cloudy for my ears, but this is subjective and a taste thing. Great work javierpg84.

Thank you Dave!!! Yes, you are right with the snare misfires. I just got Addictive Drums and trying to learn it. I couldn't figure why the software wasn't picking those snare hits but well, as Eno says, randomness can be interesting Wink. For the reverb at the beginning, I wanted that type of church gospel ambiance. Maybe I overdid it. How are you doing Dave? It has been a while since the last time we wrote. Are you working in some new projects? Take care.

Update:

I corrected the misfires and I was a ble to figure some odd things happening with the delays and arrangement. Thank you Dave for the input.

.mp3    The Traveling Band_sMX.01-St.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)