Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balazs Daniel Boogie Woogie Trio "Own Way To Boogie"
I got new headphones, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro model. I spent yesterday getting used to them, listening to a wide variety of favorites in various genres. Today, I mixed this entirely on the new cans. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    BalazsDanielBoogieWoogieTrio_OwnWayToBoogie_Mix1A_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.08 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Hey there,

some things I noticed

- Double Bass is very quiet, especially compared to the kick drum.
- Snare doesn't seem to be dead center (OHs?)
- Snare sounds a bit too full (200hz) and could use more air

This mix seems to be on the darker side, which is perfectly fine. A little more openess though, wouldn't be a bad thing. Just be aware of the hi-hats.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

(10-08-2018, 07:43 AM)LukasL Wrote: Hey there,

some things I noticed

- Double Bass is very quiet, especially compared to the kick drum.
- Snare doesn't seem to be dead center (OHs?)
- Snare sounds a bit too full (200hz) and could use more air

This mix seems to be on the darker side, which is perfectly fine. A little more openess though, wouldn't be a bad thing. Just be aware of the hi-hats.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks for listening, Lukas. I noticed the snare was off center as soon as I switched from mono to stereo. I'll be reviewing the mix this weekend.

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.