Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix- Far Too Crazy
Give me some feedback everybody. This mix was a little challenging just because of the nature of the vocal and trying to relate it to the mix.

.mp3    new mix 124 final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.38 MB)

Really good mix! I can hear the guitar very clear and the Hammond cuts thru nicely. You have the definitions of the instruments down, but I think your balance can be improved to match with the awesome instruments you made. I think the guitar and the Hammond are a little too loud in the mix. It takes away the power of the rhythm section, especially in the beginning, the coming of the drums and the sliding of the bass. Being loud and upfront, your instruments push the vocal and the drums back further in the mix making it harder to enjoy. And if possible, you should tune that vocal up a little bit. He sang flat in many places. I learn how to use my TuneLite (the cheap model from Waves) on this song. To be honest, I am glad I did. It's so annoying hearing things clearly don't belong in the mix when mixing Smile. I enjoy listening to your mix.
(15-10-2018, 07:40 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Really good mix! I can hear the guitar very clear and the Hammond cuts thru nicely. You have the definitions of the instruments down, but I think your balance can be improved to match with the awesome instruments you made. I think the guitar and the Hammond are a little too loud in the mix. It takes away the power of the rhythm section, especially in the beginning, the coming of the drums and the sliding of the bass. Being loud and upfront, your instruments push the vocal and the drums back further in the mix making it harder to enjoy. And if possible, you should tune that vocal up a little bit. He sang flat in many places. I learn how to use my TuneLite (the cheap model from Waves) on this song. To be honest, I am glad I did. It's so annoying hearing things clearly don't belong in the mix when mixing Smile. I enjoy listening to your mix.

Hi sorry I'm still learning how to use the site but thank you for listening. I was still getting adjusted to mixing on headphones and I found that they're really great for accuracy but terrible for leveling. I personally try not to tune vocal too much but I think I ran an autotune track very slightly.