Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My take on Carlos Gonzalez - A Place For Us
My take on this very cool song.
Hope you like it :-)

.mp3    Carlos gonzalez - a place for us mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.41 MB)

Hi there, nice mix! I would have made the vocals a little bit brighter (maybe some 3-3.5 k boost?), but other than that it sounds really good. Would you mind give me your opinion on my mix? I'd appreciate some help Wink
Mike
Sounds good!
That initial vocal honk is over the top, needs to be addressed! The Drums end up dominating the mix and lack cohesion and dynamics. They sound mostly unmixed. At around 1:25 the mix falls apart as all the keys come in, the vocals get buried and the drums get even louder and more over the top.

Balances, balances, balances. Use reference tracks and put the same amount of time and care into every element of the mix, but also keep the big picture in mind.
(09-01-2020, 11:00 PM)LightYearRecords11 Wrote: That initial vocal honk is over the top, needs to be addressed! The Drums end up dominating the mix and lack cohesion and dynamics. They sound mostly unmixed. At around 1:25 the mix falls apart as all the keys come in, the vocals get buried and the drums get even louder and more over the top.

Balances, balances, balances. Use reference tracks and put the same amount of time and care into every element of the mix, but also keep the big picture in mind.
Its kind of hard to take some of your suggestions seriously my guy. I just went to your channel to check out your mix on this song. You basically "deleted" the room tracks. Those tracks and sounds are there for a reason. In my opinion, you cant just go out of your way and EQed the heck out of the lower midrange, make it sound like an 80s keyboard toy drums and called a day.

You gotta embrace those sounds brother. Of course, you still have to eq them, but not to the point were the spirit of the song is gone.

this is my take
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=45365

.mp3    APlaceForUs_Mstr_.mp3 --  (Download: 5.24 MB)