Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostly Beard: 'Blue' (critiques plz)
Hey Guys,

this is my mix of this tune.

Lots of compression and saturation for a jazzy tune like this. I also was pretty drastic with high-end EQ, the vocal are now pretty airy and sharp. I hope it isnt overdone. Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Blue_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

Hey Lucas

The vocals sound really good to me. Nice balance, I like the guitar panned more toward the center.
Things I noticed, The guitar sounds a bit harsh, maybe soften it a bit.
Drums sound good, snare is a bit brittle.
All in all a really good mix!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I tend to agree with Kirk mostly.

I really like the ambience you have clouding around the piece. Would it be worth just rolling a little more off the main guitar part just to soften it a little more? Also in this regard, maybe the drums could do with being placed further back on the stage with eq and or reverb. It may just help with the emotion of the song. What are your thoughts? Great mix regardless.

Dave
Absolutely love the rev/del on guitar!!It really fills the space and adds interest.
Everything blends in really nice.
My only humble suggestion is to put the snare further away a bit and darken the guitar because it gets in the way of the vocal sometimes.
However the overall mix sounds great.
Cheers!!!
i can hear the compressor keeping things down all the time .. i dont think a song like this needs that much of compression .. leave the mix to breath .. overall the feeling of your mix for this kind of music is absolutely correct ...