Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COME AROUND naru mix
I've made Kicks a bit more punchy added a bit of reverb to snare.
Scratched some drums and played around with backing vocals a bit.
This mix surely lacks depth. I'm bad at that. I guess it's because of my poor selection of plugins and the fact that I'm mixing on cans. But I am pretty confident that it'll sound descent on most of the cans and speakers.

Please hit me with your valuable feedback so that I can learn more. Big Grin

I really enjoy this forum and I'll be posting my feedback for other guys whenever I'll find time and I plan to do more mixes.

Cheers! \m/

.mp3    Come Around naru_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.56 MB)

Hello,

there's a nice idea on the Intro, also some tasty vinyl scratches added, I really dig it.

I don't like the way you treated the back vocals on the chorus, i find them too much backward and too much mudied in chorus, but the filtered parts at the end of the first chorus (at 1'11) add a really pleasant vibe.

When you come back on the break after the chorus the difference between these heavily processed vocals and the following dry part create a contrast i find too obvious.

There is an unpleasant resonnance at 1'58, 2'13 and 3'15 and some other times, can get fixed with an obnoxious notch i think.

Frequency balance is nice and depth sounds ok too me Wink
Maybe the overall mix suffers from too much reverb.

I think you used an octave on the bass, that was my choice on this mix too, i found the low end on the original part unable to create a nice consistency.

I think your mix is already good but can get much better with a few changes.

I think you managed to get some nice energy going in this mix. Although i find it really tire-ing to listen to, but that could be attributed to the fact that i've had some ear-complications last 2 weeks. But i suspect it has a bit to much compression on the master.

Hey Kal,
Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Yeah the vocals feel dry at 2nd verse man and your point that my mix suffers from excess reverb, I agree on that.

I'm sure you are familiar with late night long mixing sessions where everything sounds fine. That's what happened. And I was excited to post this song here so I over rode the 'listen to the mix after a day' step.

That resonance is because of excess high boost on the hats can fix that too.

If I get time I'll go back and look into it these issues. Smile
Princess,
Glad to have your opinion on my mix. Ya I did use lotta compression on the master. I don't know if it's wrong but I felt that this track should have that amount of compression for the smooth flow. Smile
Hello Naru, you're welcome Smile

Of course i've already been in that situation "wwoooww my mix is amazing" ... one night passes by "oh well i don't hear the same today !"