Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Who In Hell Mix
Hey everyone! I've been a long time user of Cambridge stuff, first time poster since I thought it turned out pretty good and wanted some feedback on what I can polish. I'm pumped to join the community! Lemme know your thoughts! I've done lots of mixing, but this is my first time mixing this genre, and I really enjoyed it!

It was a little tricky in the 90-150 range as everything had a lot of build up there. I didnt re-sample any drums, used what they had (sounds like Slate Trigger). I blended their original guitars with a reamped DI track. Same with the Bass. (That bass tone is rough Angry )

everything else was just bread and butter stuff. EQ, Compression, automation, a sprinkle of reverb and delays. Angel

.mp3    Who\'s Who In Hell.mp3 --  (Download: 9.62 MB)

Hey, bro. Pretty cool stuff! Really good work in balance between vocal and instruments.

I really like the guitars. Big and clear. The first time i listen to it i noticed that your guitars may be a little more in 100~150 in my opinion. But then i find it is still nice to match up with bass.

And the bass, pretty good in clean guitar section. But in the end of this section, when the vocal sings 'youll always remember'(3:14-3:16), i think it needs more low freq to connect with the following section.

For the Toms, I think you can set them as loud as snare (I really like your snare, tight and punchy! ). They play an important role in this song.

And overheads, its shimmer, pretty nice. But i think its a little bit low in level when i monitoring with my M50X. In my opinion, boost 1 to 2 dB can be better.

I like the tricks that you use sound effect, reverse to connect sections, and these effects really did their works. And maybe a reverb reverse before the first snare hit. I think level it up can be more exciting.