Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iRon sHeik - cOldrOom mIx
(27-09-2018, 08:49 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote:
(27-09-2018, 03:09 AM)KMuzic Wrote:
(25-09-2018, 01:02 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hi all, here is a revised mix with some tweaks as suggested here:

Ver3 sounds great. Love the balance and how smooth it sounds, its got that analog roundness and punch. No negatives.
really nice, Pro mix
Cheers
KSmile

Thanks Kirk - glad you like it...

Quote:mind if I ask what compressor your using on the drum buss and bass? sounds fat

No problem - I don't have the session handy to me at the moment, as I'm away from home on a few days break, but from memory, the drum buss probably has Slate's FG-401 compressor. I think I might have used it on some of the close mics too, along with Boz's 10dB comp. I had some parallel comp from the UAD Fatso Jnr, slamming/distorting the close mics and just mixed in underneath. The room mics were also radically low shelved and slammed/distorted with the Slate 1176.

The bass is usually a bit less straightforward. I tend to split the bass into 2 or 3 different bands and process each differently, and then combine them on a "bass buss" which usually gets more eq and comp from UAD's Neve 88R channel strip (the old legacy plugin). I think I used the Slate 1176 for the "low end" bass track, and the "high end" bass channel was Kilohertz Faturater plugin followed by Waves L1.

It's all a it hard to describe briefly, but in this thread I go into a lot more detail about how I generally process bass & drums (& other stuff!). Different song, but it's a similar approach:
http://indierecordingdepot.com/t/case-st...-girl/1184

Thanks Andrew, Ill have a look at the link you provided, the Bass process you described sounds really interesting. good stuff
Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.