Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Who In Hell mix by 重装皮皮猫
凹凹凹凹凹

.mp3    Who\'s Who in Hell - Mixdown 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.47 MB)

Had listened some nice mixes by you guys, and made some modification to my shit.
Reduced the energy of bass , and it's too much around 100 Hz.
Add some side-chain comp, cut a little bit of riff's low-mid.
I blend the crunchy re-amp riff to the origin riff tracks. Make the riff more progressive.

.mp3    Who\'s Who in Hell - Mixdown 4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.47 MB)

Hey My dude! Overall its feeling pretty great to me. But I'll give you my thoughts.

The Overheads are a little hot/ maybe bright for my taste, I'd maybe sit those cymbals a little farther back.

Snare feels pretty great. Id maybe beef it up a little in the low mids, just to have a little more body.

Same with the guitars. Id maybe beef them up a little bit to give them a little more fullness. I'd maybe try reducing some of that 3-5k on them and then turning them up louder to keep the aggression and gain some body at the same time.

Vocals feel great. You have the right amount space around them without sounding like "reverb"

Low end feels great.

I can hear some flaming happening on the kick. Sounds like the samples aren't all lined up together and they're a little out of sync. Try adjusting them and I bet you'll be amazing how tight the kick sounds.

I just did a mix of this song too, lemme know what you think of mine!
Thanks a lot for your listening reply!!

I did this project about 1 month ago, and i probably forget how it sounds like. And i checked it today.

Yes, the overheads is too loud, i think it need to be cut.

Guitars are too harsh, and the body. Yeah, you are right.

And the kick, mayby it was a mistake when i did the editing work. I should go check the phase.

Snare is a little bit thin. But when i boost the low mid, i find it's not so clear. That a technique problem.

Thank you for your reply, again. Im really excited about it. Going to modify my project when i have time. ~~~~

(05-09-2018, 03:37 AM)TheCodesterr Wrote: Hey My dude! Overall its feeling pretty great to me. But I'll give you my thoughts.

The Overheads are a little hot/ maybe bright for my taste, I'd maybe sit those cymbals a little farther back.

Snare feels pretty great. Id maybe beef it up a little in the low mids, just to have a little more body.

Same with the guitars. Id maybe beef them up a little bit to give them a little more fullness. I'd maybe try reducing some of that 3-5k on them and then turning them up louder to keep the aggression and gain some body at the same time.

Vocals feel great. You have the right amount space around them without sounding like "reverb"

Low end feels great.

I can hear some flaming happening on the kick. Sounds like the samples aren't all lined up together and they're a little out of sync. Try adjusting them and I bet you'll be amazing how tight the kick sounds.

I just did a mix of this song too, lemme know what you think of mine!