Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Secretariat: 'Borderline'
My Mix

2 versions, slight variations
1st version a bit darker 2nd more air

Comments Welcome!!

KSmile

.mp3    Secretariat\'s \'Borderline-07.mp3 --  (Download: 10.64 MB)

.mp3    Secretariat\'s \'Borderline-08.mp3 --  (Download: 10.7 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
So K, what's the difference, master bus only (or mastering, I guess)? Listening in a tv control room with a badly set pair of small nearfields, I thought 08 was clearly better, but now I listen to it on headphones I'm not so sure anymore. Everything in 07 seems to be more natural, open and generally more pleasant to the ear. But I think 08 is the way to go, only left pinpointing at what's out of place in it and correcting it, since there's more potential for widescreen LP sound in it. My uneducated guess is that there might be some frequency in the mids area that's making it a little off, but it has to be someone with more expertise than me who says which.

That was a very Byrdsish ending, sweet!

Hi Deliza

Just a few small moves on 08, added some air to acoustics and vocal, put a reamp on the bass and brought the kick forward more. I kept hearing the midrange frequencies your mentioning, I think its between the acoustics and the vocals, Ill have to sweep the frequencies and see if I can find the buildup and correct it.

Thanks for having a listen!

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.