Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Summertime mix.
Found this great site last week. I chose this track to have a go at because I like the tune and the excellent playing. Biggest problem I found was getting the most out of the complex guitar part. Hope I have succeeded. Any comments and tips gratefully accepted.
Cheers Jon

.mp3    Summer Time mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.26 MB)

When I decided to have a go at mixing this track, other than a quick listen to the original, I did not listen to that or the other great mixes here till I was done. I think on balance my mix is OK but as they used to say at school, "could do better" Mine sounds to lack some of the clarity, depth and dynamic of the original mix especially on the guitar. All subjective of course but I plan to have another go. If I can work out how to put in what I perceive mine lacks I will put it up here. Anyone else's thoughts would be much appreciated. Am I right in thinking that Mike Senior did the original mix?
A second go at mixing this track. Not sure if it's better certainly different. Better is always subjective. Got a bit closer to the guitar sound I could hear in my head using delay rather than reverb. Mixed with Digital performer running through Softube Console 1. The three guitar tracks bussed to 3 aux tracks with different compressors on each. SSL g bus compressor and Ozone on the master buss.
As ever grateful for any comments.

.mp3    Summer Time mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.26 MB)