Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
The Brew [New Mix 2020 - Daniel Lemes mix]
Hey Guys! Really need some advice about my mix since I've started learning 1 month ago and don't know what I should do to make it sound better! Please comment anything and help me to improve Big Grin what do you think? I just used EQ, compression and reverb. Also put a little bit of saturation on lead vocal.

---

Edit: Mixed this song again after a while, would like to know what you guys think about this new mix. Thanks!!!

.mp3    What I want_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

.mp3    What I Want_V2_2020.mp3 --  (Download: 9.04 MB)

Hi Daniel, I listened twice; first time in mono to see if it translates, and the second time in stereo. The first thing that stuck out was the background vocals were pushed right out of the same space by the reverb. I heard nothing too terrible in use of EQ, balance or compression. There's still a little "honk" left in the snare drum, 600-800Hz I'm thinking. That's all that needs fixing, IMHO.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Thanks very much for the comment Dave!
I've mixed this song again, 2 years later! Smile
Huge difference within 2 years , the latest mix sounds great Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-06-2020, 07:50 AM)thedon Wrote: Huge difference within 2 years , the latest mix sounds great Big Grin
Yea huge difference! There's still much to learn though  Big Grin  Thanks for your comment!!!