Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray For The Rain Mix and Master 2018 (Studio One)
Hello everyone,

This is my take on this beautiful and well recorded song!

Would love to hear your opinion!

Edit: Added some more clarity and scooped out more bass/mid range

Kind regards,
Jente

.mp3    01 - Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

.mp3    01 - Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

Also check out my other mixes:

The Brew - What I want
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=23919

Atlantis Bound: It Was My Fault For Waiting
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=23953

Thanks!
Hi Jente,

I think you got a good start with you first version. To me, the low mid scooping of the second one had an adverse effect on the guitars and especially the snare. It's almost like a hip hop mix with the bright highs and super deep bass.

I do like the "wetter" aspect to the second version, and the vocals sound less telephonic (if that's a word).
(04-10-2018, 05:18 PM)TheNeverScene Wrote: Hi Jente,

I think you got a good start with you first version. To me, the low mid scooping of the second one had an adverse effect on the guitars and especially the snare. It's almost like a hip hop mix with the bright highs and super deep bass.

I do like the "wetter" aspect to the second version, and the vocals sound less telephonic (if that's a word).

Thanks for your feedback, do agree with that for sure.
Hi Jente

Thanks for mixing our track. I tend to agree with theNeverScene in that I lean to the balance of v1, but I prefer the aesthetic of v2 with more reverb/delays. As I listen through:
- I think the intro guitar could benefit from a 4-5 kHZ cut. It's a bit tougher to listen to at a higher volume.
- at the chorus, the left guitar seems brighter than the right. Pulls it left to my ear.
- the ping of the ride cymbal was distracting me a little - consider a bit of attack removal with a transient designer

Thanks for sharing !

Tom