Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blues Is A Lady_v3_Mix&Mstr
I love this one with all its supposed shortcomings, it might as well was meant to be recorded in this somewhat authentic way and the last thing I wanted to add was noodling around with fancy pitch utilities!
Its very Blues to my ears anyway.

Cheers
------------------------------
Hi Guys,
Thanks for giving the mix a listen, remarks were spot on as always. I fixed the bass guitar (more or less), and the kick I left as is (my choice).

Both your mixes sound great and I’ll comment on them over there.

Have a nice day!

.mp3    The Blues Is A Lady_v3_Mix&Mstr.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

.mp3    The Blues Is A Lady_v2_Mix&Mstr.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

Hi SG

Nice job on the drums, sound really good, I also liked the way you handled the harmony guitars, you got rid of the annoying frequencies

Low end is a bit muddy, bass gets lost now and then, maybe a few cuts around 60 and 180 and reshape the bass. On the chorus the tambourine is poking out a bit over the snare.

Nice balance .. Good mixing!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I agree with the low end. Also missing a bit of weight on the kick. Bass guitar was a challenge on this one. Not gonna get much mid range out of it so have to rely on the low end but that means risking it going awol on you if you're not careful.
Old West Audio