Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left Behind
Hope you guys like it Smile

Any comment is welcome.

.mp3    01_-_Left_Behind__Mastered(3)[1].mp3 --  (Download: 3.6 MB)

Hi Alexitheo,

I like that there is a lot of aggression in your mix. I do however think the balance could use some adjusting and that there is a little to much reverb on the vocals. I like how you balanced the fill guitars in the mix. The rhythm guitars seem a little washy, what software did you use for the guitars and did you use the same amp simulation for all the guitars?
(17-08-2018, 03:38 PM)Dustin3P Wrote: Hi Alexitheo,

I like that there is a lot of aggression in your mix. I do however think the balance could use some adjusting and that there is a little to much reverb on the vocals. I like how you balanced the fill guitars in the mix. The rhythm guitars seem a little washy, what software did you use for the guitars and did you use the same amp simulation for all the guitars?

Hi man

I like the drums to be up-front a lot although i am a guitarist Smile so that is why i balanced them like this.
I have used Amplitube, since this the only one i own, with a preset i have for myself on JCA100H (Jet city amp). At first i have used for the two panned guitars that and one in the middle the Orange Amp but i did not like it and changed to JCA 100H as well.

For the vocals i love using reverb on them but maybe it does not fit this type of songs.

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with the drums being up front, although it's a tad much.
What I'm missing here is low end on the guitars. Put the mix through a 100Hz high pass filter (eg earbuds) and the bottom falls out of it.
Also, the gang vocals can stand to be up more and give them a small ~2kHz boost to help them be clear.
Old West Audio