Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My own - Ralante Mix Version
Hello!

I hope you enjoy this mix version
let me tell you three points:

LowEnd: some problems to face are the frequency competition between the bass and the kick, both are cool, the bass sustains the song but if it only increased dbs it would lose the rhythm and flow marked by the kick (psychoacoustics baby CoolTongue ) I tried to make that bass continue to sound good but controlled.

Voices: I have read in other posts some problems about the third verse and yep! A lot of attention is needed to the S frequencies and to some adjustments to improve the rappers' take, specifically in the third one.

GeneralDynamics: the song is great! but it needs some small variations, using its same elements to determine the passages between one and another intency. Very subtle changes but they feel.

Let me know anything u think and hear in my version ↓↓↓Big Grin

.mp3    My own - Mix Ralante.mp3 --  (Download: 10.87 MB)

Well, I'd say voices are present, clean and well balanced, though the low end of them is somehow colliding with the bass. Since there's not much you can do with the bass (it's pretty much a simple sine wave), the mix might get some more clarity filtering low end from the voices while pushing them a little on the mids. Voice is kinda the "make or break" for Hip Hop tunes, so you got the hard part pretty good.

The reverb on the "own" sample (you know, the one that reminds of a spring, or a monk chanting) takes a lot of space and makes things blurry, you could try to cut the low end on the reverb return.

Kick and clap (clap sounds pretty cool) are too loud, dwarfing the instrumental parts, aren't they? I'm not particullay obssesed with separation, but the synth lead and the strings feel pretty much like the same part and when you put them over the piano it all feels pretty cramped, possibly due to the over prominence of the kick/clap combo. The delay on the piano works great.

Listening on humble headphones (ATH-M50x) here, but hope this helps!