Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dark Ride: 'Dead Enemies'
Guys, hello everyone! finally I was able to find the time and make this mix at the studio, I really enjoyed working on this project, in this song there is something definite. Perhaps the atmosphere of the song, makes you do the image that sounds in your head.
When listening I really liked the guitar parts. The bass sounds amazing. I adore when the bass sounds with strings. One of my favorite. Guitars also sounded cool, working with them did not take long.
With regard to the sheep, it was necessary to grasp the meaning of everything, kick should pampong with guitars. The excess of low frequencies would give embarrassment to this mix, as for snare, it seems to me I was able to catch a sound directed at the gloominess of this song. What a pleasant listening!
I would like to say that for the understanding of this song I listened to the nickelback - feed the machine, Renegade Five - save me, as well as the reference of this song, in general, I resist the songs

.mp3    Dark Ride_ \'Dead Enemies\'_Master_Full_2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.88 MB)

Transition from Verse 1 to Verse 2 sounds weird. The whisper-Part is way to upfront - it should sound like a special effect, not a clear and audible vocal line -> see my FAQ
Intro: The melody needs more ambience, a delay would help a lot
Snare in the blast beat sounds wrong and is missing notes -> see my FAQ, this is tricky

Hope that helps Smile

Cheers,
Blitzzz
thanks for the recommendations, I'll fix it, and later I need to fix the piano in the transition between 2 and 3 parts. I also had an idea how to rework the ending with guitars.

made all the amendments with regard to the note. I also reworked the piano in the transition and reworked the ending. Thank you for listening.
(13-08-2018, 09:22 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Transition from Verse 1 to Verse 2 sounds weird. The whisper-Part is way to upfront - it should sound like a special effect, not a clear and audible vocal line -> see my FAQ
Intro: The melody needs more ambience, a delay would help a lot
Snare in the blast beat sounds wrong and is missing notes -> see my FAQ, this is tricky

Hope that helps Smile

Cheers,
Blitzzz
made all the amendments with regard to the note. I also reworked the piano in the transition and reworked the ending. Thank you for listening.
- The vocals have weird reverb effects on them at certain points
- Kick sounds a bit too raw, needs a bit more low end
- Piano in the verse is too loud
- The background vocals could come down a bit
- I feel like more panning could have been done but I could be wrong about that

Not bad overall!
- Nick