Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FRIGGY Mix | Ja Make Ya Dance
09-08-2018, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2018 11:27 PM by Friggy.)
FRIGGY Mix | Ja Make Ya Dance
Was really excited when I saw Ghost Note pop up on this site. I'm a huge fan of Snarky Puppy, which introduced me to Sput, which leads to Ghost Note and Mono Neon.

So much good music when you just see what all the members of Snarky Puppy get up to in their own time. lol

Anyways, here's the mix. Tried to keep it in the same vein as Nic Hard and Eric Hartman. A little more produced and modern.

That bass mic sounded crazy

.mp3   00-JaMakeYaDance MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.05 MB)

.mp3   00-JaMakeYaDance MixV2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.05 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2018, 02:30 PM
RE: FRIGGY Mix | Ja Make Ya Dance
Not bad and your imaging is good, but there is a crispness absent in your mix which I think you could fix with a change to master compression/limiting. I really want to hear more snap.

PreSonus Studio One V3.whatever... on PC.
[email protected]

10-08-2018, 10:51 PM
I'll have to go back and see what I can do with some compression. Sometimes I mix into a comp, but on this one I started with Satin and left it like that. Then I used IK One, which i've been messing with the last week or two, just for the limiting and a bit of eq.
11-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Added MixV2

Slight eq adjustments that were popping out after hearing it a few days later
Turned off IK One limiter, went back to Pro-L2
Controlled tom bleed
Added mix bus compression, very slight

Overall the mix should be a little cleaner and a bit more exciting. Pretty subtle stuff though.

Support my video work!
Advertisement: