Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Amber Skye - Howlin_MST
Greetings to everybody Smile

I'm Matt Belmonte, from Italy, owner of the Z studio, and this is the first time I post a my mix/master here.

For the mix I've not added any other sound (just an efx reverb/delay to the vocals) and I kept all track levels as the original.

I hope you like it, Matt Smile

.mp3    Amber Skye - Howlin_MST.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

Hello there
* at 46 seconds I was waiting for a huge explosion but the mix left me wanting more in that part.
*fxs are very possessive of the mix. Wish you would turn them down a bit and boost kick and bass more. So the mix is a lil more natural.
*vocals are great just the part where all the back vocals are singing I felt a lil build up of high freq. Could be essing from all of them.
*also some low end build up there somewhere. I could be wrong but I would high pass any unnecessary low freq.

Other than that this is great stuff!
Here is the original mix to compare https://youtu.be/NhpImdnb_UI

Saludos
Hi Shul Smile

Quote:* at 46 seconds I was waiting for a huge explosion but the mix left me wanting more in that part.
*fxs are very possessive of the mix. Wish you would turn them down a bit and boost kick and bass more. So the mix is a lil more natural.

I did the mix in less than an hour and I did not spent time for fixing individual track levels. I just held the efx subgroup at -10dB, this seemed a good compromise to me.

Quote:*vocals are great just the part where all the back vocals are singing I felt a lil build up of high freq. Could be essing from all of them.

You're right!! In fact I noticed that during the mastering but it bored me to reopen the mix project Angel

Quote:*also some low end build up there somewhere. I could be wrong but I would high pass any unnecessary low freq.

Nope man, you're right. Usually I use DMG Equilibrium plugin for an HP filter with a very high slope at the maximum of resolution for the best impulse response in linear phase to kill subfrequencies. Here did not seem so serius so I choose to not use it. That confirm is better to keep it always on.

Quote:Other than that this is great stuff!

Thank you so much Smile