Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova - gloukin mix
A quick mix here, still some work to be done but would be good to get some early feedback. Thanks

.mp3    Kak tvoi dela.mp3 --  (Download: 11.44 MB)

.mp3    Kak tvoi dela V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.44 MB)

.mp3    Kak tvoi dela v3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.44 MB)

V2 uploaded, let me know your thoughts.
The second version is much better: clearer, cleaner, and tighter bottom end. Good job. I like the verb you used on the snare, but it, I think, can be a little tighter (maybe longer attack and longer release on the comp) and more top end. I think the hats (just as loud if not louder than the snare) mask this part of the snare. Perhaps cutting a few dBs near the top end (3K-6K?) from the hats will give the top end of the snare a chance to shine a little. There is also a slight congestion in the lo-mid region. I could be wrong but I think the lead gtr and the piano are the ones to look out for. A little cut around 100-300Hz on the piano can only help, I'd think. These are the things I'd do if I face a mix like yours. And, of course, there are a millions more ways to do what I just described, not to mention they are only my opinions. Good work! Keeping it up is the key, my bro.
(25-10-2018, 02:37 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: The second version is much better: clearer, cleaner, and tighter bottom end. Good job. I like the verb you used on the snare, but it, I think, can be a little tighter (maybe longer attack and longer release on the comp) and more top end. I think the hats (just as loud if not louder than the snare) mask this part of the snare. Perhaps cutting a few dBs near the top end (3K-6K?) from the hats will give the top end of the snare a chance to shine a little. There is also a slight congestion in the lo-mid region. I could be wrong but I think the lead gtr and the piano are the ones to look out for. A little cut around 100-300Hz on the piano can only help, I'd think. These are the things I'd do if I face a mix like yours. And, of course, there are a millions more ways to do what I just described, not to mention they are only my opinions. Good work! Keeping it up is the key, my bro.

Thank you, all makes sense. I will return to this one and give it another go.
The second mix is sounding nice glukin. I like the overall tone and balance. The main standout for me is there is too much attack (smack) on the kick which is making it over power the snare as far as balance goes. If you can soften this I think it will help things alot.

Cheers

Dave
(25-10-2018, 10:17 AM)Dangerous Wrote: The second mix is sounding nice glukin. I like the overall tone and balance. The main standout for me is there is too much attack (smack) on the kick which is making it over power the snare as far as balance goes. If you can soften this I think it will help things alot.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, appreciate your feedback. Time to revisit the mix and see what I can do.
V3 has been remixed from scratch, I am a lot happier with this version, let me know what you think.

(02-11-2018, 08:43 AM)glukin Wrote: V3 has been remixed from scratch, I am a lot happier with this version, let me know what you think.

Nice George, 100% improvement over your first 2 mix's. Really nice balance and tone on version 3. Sounded great on the headphones
Well done!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks K, I am a lot happier with the last version. Still mixing on earbuds mainly during my daily commute so thanks for feedback.