Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaper mix, Angels In Amplifiers "I'm Alright"
Last week I updated Reaper, went through some of their online videos and started using it. Since I haven't found a method in Reaper to remove DC offset, I used Logic to master it. Its got an 18dB/oct highpass filter applied at 30Hz, and a 6dB/oct low pass set at 20kHz. There's only the SSL compressor set at 2:1 with the threshold set to get 3dB GR, and the limiter set to 5db of gain. Comments will be appreciated.

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_Reaper_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.35 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
DC offset is the same as a 0 Hz tone so a simple high-pass filter at 1 Hz will already get rid of it and I know for a fact that Reaper has an HP filter. Smile

Your mix sounds quite decent on the grotboxes in my office, I’m just irritated by that one guitar that is panned quite hard to the left but well, that’s just me. Smile
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!