Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
heavy heavy heavy
nice song.. heavy!

here's my version of the mix.
please let me know if the top end is harsh.

enjoy!

.mp3    Black Crown Mix1_2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.75 MB)

(31-07-2018, 09:43 AM)the.metal.sound.guy Wrote: nice song.. heavy!

here's my version of the mix.
please let me know if the top end is harsh.

enjoy!

Nice, solid mix. Top end isn't harsh to me, mids and highs are smooth. Only thing I noticed is that one of the toms sticks out as noticeably louder than the others on the tom rolls.

High End
Regarding the top end; I hear a little bit; but I'm on Yamaha H8S's but its not to noticeable; but its really needed for the bite you have on the guitar tones which is pretty sick in my honest opinion.

Bass
To me it sounds like you completely took out the distortion on the bass guitar; which makes it more noticeable (nothing wrong with that) it just makes it pop out in specific sections of the song. In my mix; i took out their bass cab because the distortion was to much for me as well; and I then continued to recreate a different bass distortion to blend with the DI of the bass; it allowed me to blend the bass guitar and the guitars a lot easier.

Drums
To me the toms are to 'live' all snap and to much resonance. They're also extremely loud; they're popping out of the mix at least on my speakers; they're sounding louder than the vocals.

Snare is a beautiful tone; It's hard for me to pick if I like your tone better than my Snare tone in my mix as I did both and it was extremely hard to pick and choose between the two; but I went with a little bit more snap on mine than your mix.

Kick: by far your kick processing is far superior than mine; I'd love to talk with you one day about shaping kick tones and how to make them as prominent as yours without being to muddy/conflicting with the mix.

Vocals
I like your tone on him and your placement in/around the mix. But he does sound just a tad dull but not by to much in my opinion at least. You did a great job on leveling his emphasis tracks (over dubs)