Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burial of Silence- Final Mastered
Heya,

This has been a tough tune, so here is my final "mastered" version. Tried to keep it as balls to the wall as I could throughout.

Hope it works...the cymbals are the devil.

Mike

.mp3    MixPractice-Rebuild the Evil Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 6.02 MB)

Is anybody out there...ere....er...e?
Hey Mike ,
Nice mix sounds well balanced ,maybe Just some De-essing with the cymbals in the overheads around the 10-14 k area.
Nice work !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-07-2018, 04:22 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Mike ,
Nice mix sounds well balanced ,maybe Just some De-essing with the cymbals in the overheads around the 10-14 k area.
Nice work !

Cheers Big Grin

Hey man, huge thanks for the feedback. I'm the first to admit that I like cymbals! Smile

I think my nemesis here might be the over the top hihat, so let me try and tame that down first.

I'm in the middle of an overseas move and all of my gear (and furniture!) has been in transit for nearly 4 months......relying on a dated laptop, air mattresses, suitcases and headphones atm, so no idea how things actually sound on speakers :/
Hi!

The overall mix seems kind of scooped in the mids? Also the cymbals could really use a lowpass filter, they are very loud.

But the overall balance is fine and I like what you did with the guitars. Really makes the snare and kick stand out more!
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Updated with some corrections.
aaannnndddd........from scratch haha
Sounding pretty good. Id give the cymbals more control, I remember on this song the hihats being super loud compared to how the other cymbals are played. End up losing the overheads in the track except for some random hits here and there.

Besides that just turning the vocals up a bit more so they stay present throughout the track.

Nothing else really jumped out at me.
Thanks. I felt like an upside down approach was in order :/ All the drum mics seemed to pick up more of something else than what they were pointed at...bleed at it's finest

Completely agree, so updated with more OH's and vox. Probably should move on to something else before the wormhole swallows me whole.
Hi!

Sounds cool, well balanced mix.
Love the snare !
We can hear the cymbals Smile
(a tad too loud, perhaps? Especially during the breakdown and the final chorus)
The low end on kick is a bit too much for me.

Good mix overall!