Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TommyBoy Mix - First Attempt
Hi guys,

i'm a professional musician and graduate from RNCM. Im thinking of playing my hand at doing some mixing from my home studio.

Could anybody please give my some constructive feedback/criticism on my mix please???

THANKS XXXX

.mp3    Im Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 4.8 MB)

Its a fine mix translates ok. Good for getting gigs, promotion, which is what most people are looking for. There's a lot of competition in this price range though, probably $30-$50 a mix if you are lucky? But you can charge for remixes and some artists will pay that a few times to take it further. Its all about being a good person that they trust and making the customer happy, keeping yourself happy... ie don't donate extra hours. If you have lots of contacts and are really good at marketing yourself (think of like a hairstylist does) you might be able to charge more.
In my opinion there’s too much reverb on the guitar, especially during the solo parts. (And generally on everything else, people seem to be sprinkling reverb over everything quite inconsiderately… Smile) Apart from that it sounds very decent on the grotboxes in my office!
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!