Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder & Mark M Thompson: 'The English Actor'
Interesting song, kinda cool and very old school 80's pop

I found the assemblage of tracks easy to work with, the drums especially, I didn't see the need for any samples. Now, the vocals were another story, they really needed more time to automate, pitch correct, etc. I just Eq'ed, mild compression, grouped them and put a pitch correction and vocal rider plugin on them, they may be a tad too upfront. Synths are panned, grouped, EQ and Tape saturated. Everything else EQ, Comp and mild verb.

Comments Welcome
Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    James Elder-The English Actor.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey K, it's only me againBig Grin

Lovin' the drum sound and energy, it's driving the song along nicely. Great work with the vocals also. These were tricky! Basically the mix as a whole sounds great, but, and there's always a but. LOL. I feel the mix is getting a bit congested through the heavier parts of the song. 58sec and on wards for example. synths and guitars clashing a bit? I would love to hear more of the guitars being pushed forward also if that's possible. Anyway, diggin' the vibe KSmile
(24-07-2018, 10:35 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey K, it's only me againBig Grin

Lovin' the drum sound and energy, it's driving the song along nicely. Great work with the vocals also. These were tricky! Basically the mix as a whole sounds great, but, and there's always a but. LOL. I feel the mix is getting a bit congested through the heavier parts of the song. 58sec and on wards for example. synths and guitars clashing a bit? I would love to hear more of the guitars being pushed forward also if that's possible. Anyway, diggin' the vibe KSmile

Hey Dave

Ya got me...I tried to sneak those 2 guitars out .. lol. But your right, highlighting them will drive the song along more, up with the guitars, down with the synths. I tried doing it backwards, There was just something about the tone I didn't like. Ill solo them and see if I can get them to sound better in the next go round,

Thanks Dave
Cheers
k
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.