Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juanita Dientes Verdes: 'Dios Salve El R&R - Cielo Sin Santos'
Hi guys,
Dropping my mix, would be happy to hear your feedback.
Cheers!

Edit:
Ver10
A bit more 2k for guitars, BV a bit a bit differently proccessed.
Kick click receive a bit more compression.
Lets call it "final"

.mp3    Cielo Sin Santos_v9.mp3 --  (Download: 16.34 MB)

.mp3    Cielo Sin Santos_v10.mp3 --  (Download: 16.36 MB)

Hi Lethan

I listened to it both in the cans and on the monitors. In the cans it sounded really good.. balance on the drums and bass, really nice. The guitars sounded just a bit dark, but seemed to sit nice.
On the monitors the guitars seemed to sit back a lot, I think maybe just a small move in the upper mids will get them sitting forward a bit more, but that's it, really nice mix. I really like the vocals
Great Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks KMuzic for listening,
I followed your suggestion, and i think its a bit better. Cheers!
(23-07-2018, 09:57 PM)Lethan Wrote: Thanks KMuzic for listening,
I followed your suggestion, and i think its a bit better. Cheers!

I gave it a quick listen on the monitors, sounds much better, but my ears are cooked right now from leveling a song in the cans. Ill have another listen tomorrow with clean ears and be able to comment better.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Lethan,

Great improvement from V9 to V10. K's comments I think have been helpful. Overall I like the guitar and drum tonality, the drive and you've also done a great job with the vocals. But listening to the mix through my monitors I feel there is too much going on around the bass frequencies. I bounced your track out and stuck it into reaper for a further look. A couple of things I found that maybe helpful. Firstly there are some resonances at around 100hz and 200hz mark that are overpowering the mix. Secondly is I feel there is too much bass energy in the side channels that's making the overall bottom end sound a little unstable. With this, I found high passing the side channels at up to 160Hz made a big difference. I also removed some 6dB at around 360hz while I was at it.(just in the side channels)This seemed to help clean the guitars up some what. I have attached an image of the SlickEq settings I used to achieve this. I have also added a version of your V10 with some eq adjustments based on the aforementioned resonances and side channel processing. This is only a quick adjustment and by no means a fix (the impact of the kick has gone for example), but it might help you hone in and control these issues at their root.

I really hope this helps Lethan. Cheers

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Cielo Sin Santos_v10 Eq Adjust.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

Hi Dave,
A bit late reply from me, but as far i rememberd all of your notes adapted, kept in my mind. Thanks!